नेपालीमा पढ्नुहोस् | FAQ
College Idea Hunt, created and designed by Idea Studio Nepal, aims to bring out the creative young minds to solve existing problems through innovative and sustainable solutions. Along with the pitching platform students get an opportunity to learn from the incubation, mentorship, and networking. Seed investment opportunities to launch their startup is the bonus.
College Idea Hunt is the only idea incubator for students in Nepal. It is a unique and different experience :
- You don’t need to leave college to be part of the program.
- Ideas are accepted at the earliest stage when no one else is willing to invest in you.
- Opportunity to learn at a 3-day workshop to develop skills on innovation/creativity. critical thinking, self-knowledge/self-Awareness, communication, collaboration/teamwork, and presentation
- Provide a pitching platform amongst 1,500 audience, which includes renowned personalities of Nepal, through I have an Idea, the grand finale event of College Idea Hunt.
- Top 3 winners receive Rs. 1,00,000 cash prize each and continuous mentorship support.
- Idea Studio Nepal does not take any equity in your idea
College Idea Hunt also acts as a preliminary round for Idea Studio सोचदेखि उध्योगसम्म, an annual incubation programme and a popular reality tv show. The top 3 winners of College Idea Hunt get direct entry into the incubation and TV show where they get knowledge and mentorship to transform their idea into a business.
COLLEGE IDEA HUNT 2020
The programme is an inter-college competition accepting Greenovation ideas and/or social impact ideas.
Greenovation as defined by World Wildlife Fund Nepal, is a sustainable business or a green business that has a minimal negative impact, or potentially a positive effect, on the global or local environment, community, society, or economy. Often, sustainable businesses have progressive environmental and human policies. In general, a business is described as green if it matches the following three criteria:
- It incorporates principles of sustainability into each of its business decisions.
- It supplies environmentally friendly products or services that replace the demand for non-green products and/or services.
- It has made an enduring commitment to environmental principles in its business operations.
PHASE 1: IDEA SUBMISSION
Students apply with their business ideas through the application form on our website which requires students to explain their business idea along with a 2-minute video pitch.
Application Form: http://ideastudio.org.np/submit-college-idea-hunt/
Deadline: July 25, 2020 (Shrawan 10, 2077)
There is no application charge.
- Students currently studying Bachelors or Masters in Nepal from any faculty are eligible to participate. The student must be affiliated with a University approved by the Nepal Government.
- The business idea must be Greenovation and/or a social impact idea.
- Submit a 2-minute video pitch with the application form.
- The video is a pitch of business idea and should reveal the applicant’s face for the pitch. The video can use animation, photos, or slide in-between but cannot use these elements solely.
- Please make sure the video is no longer than 2-minute.
- The video can be either in English or Nepali as per your preference.
- Please rename the video before submission as Full Name_Business Idea Name for eg. Joseph Shrestha_RVM Nepal
- Please submit a google drive link of your video in the application. Please make sure to turn on the link sharing option activating Anyone with the link can view option, else we will not be able to screen your application.
Answer the following questions in your video:
- Explain about your business idea
- What problem are you addressing and how?
- Who is your customer target?
- How does your business contribute to Greenovation and/or social impact?
- If you win the College Idea Hunt 2020 how will you utilize the prize money of Rs. 1,00,000?
PHASE 2: TOP 10 IDEAS
The 10 best ideas from all the ideas move on further. The shortlisted ideas are informed through email so please make sure you provide a valid email address and check your email.
PHASE 3: 2-DAY ONLINE WORKSHOP
College Idea Hunt 2020 top 10 ideas receive a 2-day online workshop where they work on their ideas and develop skills on:
- Critical Thinking
Ideators will be informed of the schedule through email a couple days prior. The workshop will be a 2-full day online workshop. The workshop will be an essential part to guide you for your business idea pitching.
PHASE 4: I HAVE AN IDEA, Grand Finale
After the workshop the top 10 ideas will pitch in the grand finale event I have an Idea* in the mass of around 1500 participants and amongst them, the top 3 ideas will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000 each.
*The event depends on the COVID-19 situation of Nepal. If a physical pitching event is not possible at the time the program will choose alternative options to fulfill the pitching.
PHASE 5: IDEA STUDIO SEASON 5
The top 3 winners get a direct entry to the incubation phase and the TV show of Idea Studio सोचदेखि उध्योगसम्म where they get knowledge, mentorship and networking to transform their idea into a business with further seed investment opportunities.
Numerous ideas submitted and the best of the best ideas are evaluated based on the following:
- Innovativeness: Innovative ideas will always be emphasized. It can be any ideas – ideas bringing innovation from kitchen work to the big corporate industries.
- Ideas utilizing local resources: Those ideas which utilize the local resources, local manpower, and lead to the investment are encouraged.
- Sustainable and scalable ideas: The ideas which have a long-lasting impact following the principle of sustainable development without affecting the environment and promote social as well as economic growth.
- Social impact: The ideas that address and solve social problems and have a positive social impact that leads to social justice
- Best presentation: Public speaking is an essence a good ideator needs to have. Someone might have a great idea, but unless he expresses it out and can convince other investors, the idea will not be impactful. The ideas should be presented to the panel of judges after the selection round.
- Entrepreneurship Orientation: The main objective of the College Idea Hunt is to open the world of business and opportunities to the students so they can set up their ventures and establish the markets.
- Quality Education: Theory is essential but the knowledge to implement the theory is more important. Thus, the idea pitching event is of great opportunity to the students to implement theory in real life. It will eventually improve the education quality. It will be a platform to showcase talents that tomorrow’s ideators possess.
- Youth Empowerment: Today youths in Nepal are getting opportunities but it is lesser than the global scenario. If we are to produce human resources that can compete in the world, we need to give them opportunities in accordance with the global market. The College Idea Hunt is one of such few opportunities that can help students grow.
WHY COLLEGE IDEA HUNT?
Almost everyone comes up with an idea and the ticket to success only after it’s put into action. To convert ideas into a successful business one needs to overcome numerous challenges. Some common challenges are:
- I am just a student. I am good at what I do but I am not an expert on anything.
- I want to work on my idea but there is no incubator I know of in Nepal. .
- My idea is not clear. I don't have a great idea. I am not sure if I can start a business based on my idea.
- I rely on my parents’ income and leaving my college to work on an idea is not a risk that I can afford.
- I don’t have enough money to start a business.
- I had ideas but could not act on them.
- I have a great idea and all I need is —an investor, a programmer, a developer,an app developer, a marketing person, a business partner etc.
PROGRAMME RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The programme is offered free of cost. College Idea Hunt won’t take any equity in your startup or idea.
- All the participants must submit ideas strictly by the deadline. Failure to submit on time will result in disqualification.
- Participants must submit their own innovative ideas. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Profanity, swearing or any offensive gesture and harassment of any kind are not allowed during the course of the event.
- The results of the winners published will be final and unquestionable.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to take necessary actions in case of breach of any of the explicitly mentioned rules or any other conduct that it deems as gross misconduct.
- Organizers have the right to share information acquired from this form to the press, partners, and sponsors.
- College Idea Hunt is not an investment company and doesn’t promise investment in your idea.
- College Idea Hunt is not a business plan generator, instead it is your practical guide to develop your ideas.
- College Idea Hunt management team can expel any participant with or without a case during the course of the event.
COLLEGE IDEA HUNT 2018
Top 3 Ideators of College Idea Hunt 2019
Aabhas Karmacharya for Blood Donate App
Sanjay Gurung for Film Studio
Abin Neupane and Nitesh Pandey for Portable Toilet
COLLEGE IDEA HUNT 2019
Top 3 Ideators of College Idea Hunt 2019
Joseph Shrestha for Reverse Vending Machine Nepal
Anshu Pradhan for Sister's Enterprise
Rupesh Duwal for Tetra Pak Recycling